Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Doesnt create pages

Quote Reply
Doesnt create pages
Ive successfully installed Links 2 with correct path names etc. I added a catergory, then added a link through the main admin section. Although when i look in the directory the files should have been created in, there is nothing! I chmoded the directory to 777 and also the admin and base directory.... Could it be the fact that i have not password protected my admin directory? Also i would like to know how to do that? =D
Can some PLEASE PLEASE help me?!

Quote Reply
Re: Doesnt create pages In reply to
well i also ran links 2 a few days without password protection and it works fine - I think that isn't the problem

Try search eather this forum or the customization forum for my name - I asked the same question again - and Eliot Lee gave me a link to a cgi that automtically PW protects your cgi-bin

cYa DesertWolf
Webmaster http://www.dwo.f2s.com
Quote Reply
Password Protection has nothing to do with the build process. Did you click on Build All after you added the category and link???

The directory does not build itself...you must use either Build All or Build Staggered to build your directory. Simply adding categories and links doesn't do that.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes i did try Build all and Stagered
Still i cant see the category.
I added a link straight after i added the category then i built all... Should have i done build all straight after i add the category or doesnt it matter?

Quote Reply
I also get this error when i build the DB:
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : /home/htdocs/alpha-zero/domaincgi/links/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

Quote Reply
You need to have links.db.bak in your data directory.

In addition, this file needs to be chmod to 666:

Code:

chmod 666 links.db.bak

And this has been covered in the Links 2.0 Installation-UNIX forum where questions like this should be posted AFTER searching the forums.

Regards,

Eliot Lee