Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Additional Problem: Category ID says "1" But Should Be Higher/Thanks, Alex!

Quote Reply
Additional Problem: Category ID says "1" But Should Be Higher/Thanks, Alex!
I forgot to mention in my previous post that ALSO when I add a new category, it suddenly says the ID is "1" when it should be around 145!!!

Also, I wish to thank you, Alex, concerning the sub-category descriptions; it wasn't my post, but was a problem I had and found the solution through a search.

------------------
Jennifer (a.k.a. Amulet/Snyder's Woman/Quark's Latinum Lady)
seanymph@ix.netcom.com http://www.walrus.com/~quark/
Member: Goddesses of the Internet, Inc.; People for the Ethical Treatment of Werewolves; Men of Trek
Lust/Appreciation Brigade; Bitches & Witches, Inc.
Webmistress of The Official Armin Shimerman Web Site and Listowner of the Armin_Shimerman mailing list
OFFICIAL ARMIN SHIMERMAN WEBSITE: http://www.walrus.com/~quark/armin/
Quote Reply
Re: Additional Problem: Category ID says "1" But Should Be Higher/Thanks, Alex! In reply to
Hi Jennifer,

That's bizarre...did you build some of your categories and links using bookmark.pl? Can you also check your category.txt...what is the number in that file? In your category.db do the numbers flow from 1-145 or are there discrepancies?

I don't know if I'll be able to help you with this one...but I think the answers to these questions might be important for someone who can Smile

Rod
Quote Reply
Re: Additional Problem: Category ID says "1" But Should Be Higher/Thanks, Alex! In reply to
Hi Jennifer,

Try this:

1. Click on Add Category.
2. Manually set the ID to the highest one in the database (146 or so).
3. Add a new category.
4. FTP in and look at admin/data/categoryid.txt and see what it contains. It should say 146, does it?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Thanks, you two. The weird thing is, when I went to do what you said, Alex, it was working again! However, after adding a category, I went to look at categories.db and there were numbers missing (such as 137-144) and previously added categories (from when I was having the problems) were gone! Any idea what could have caused that? Thanks!