Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Questions about Mass E-mail

Quote Reply
Questions about Mass E-mail
If someone has more than 1 link in the db and they use the same e-mail address, how can I send them an e-mail to say how many hits they have if the script will only send one per address?

For the newsletter, how do I flush out the new links list after an e-mail? Or, if I just want to clear it out period?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Questions about Mass E-mail In reply to

Quote:
how can I send them an e-mail to say how many hits they have if the script will only send one per address?

In sub main of nph-email.cgi, you could try commenting-out the following line (at your own risk):

Quote:
($seen{$address}++) and (print qq~Already mailed to: $address $unsub!\n~ and next);

Quote:
For the newsletter, how do I flush out the new links list after an e-mail? Or, if I just want to clear it out period?

You don't. You have one of two alternatives.
1. You can time your newsletter to go out based on how many days old your new links can be max so that it includes only new links. If, for example, your new links can be up to 14 days old, then send you newsletter once every 2 weeks.

2. Send it out every week but put a disclaimer in it that it may contain duplicate entries. This is what I do and I include the following in the newsletter:

Quote:
This Newsletter is sent out weekly but, since resources are marked as
new for 14 days, it may contain resources that were in the previous
newsletter.

I hope this helps.