Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

search results w/o categories

Quote Reply
search results w/o categories
Hello,
is it possible to exclude the categories for the link-results?
I want to have a results-page that shows only the following:
-categories found
-links found w/o their categories, sorted all by number of hits.
Currently I successfully removed the categories in the linkresults section but the links are still sorted within their (now not shown) categories (www.furukama.de/search).
I hope someone can help me with this one.
Quote Reply
Re: search results w/o categories In reply to
Yea...as has been discussed more than ONCE in this forum...delete or rem out the following line in the search.cgi file:

Code:
$link_results .= qq|<P>$title_linked\n|;

What is remming? Use the pound sign before this line of code...it will ignore it rather than outright deleting it!

Code:
# $link_results .= qq|<P>$title_linked\n|;

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
But the search results still get sorted by (the now invisible) categories, don't they?

Sorry for duplicating, I guess after two nights of modificating and installing Links, my ability to find the threads I'm looking for is not the best anymore ...

[This message has been edited by fururama (edited February 06, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Yes...But that was not your original request. You asked how you could modify the search script to not have categories. You made no mention of sorting problems. AND I provided you a solution for your original request.

My suggestion is to search this forum some more for Threads related to this issue.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------