Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

review.cgi - error message

Quote Reply
review.cgi - error message
Hi all Smile

I've just been implementing widgetz's wonderful Review 1.0 mod, and...

All was fine, working well, I added a few reviews to test, which worked fine. I *think* I built pages about 3-ish times, and then (without making any script changes) I got this error (when selecting http://www.floor42.com/byebye/review.cgi?ID=54 :

Quote:
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Undefined subroutine &main::site_html_review_form called at review.cgi line 35.

I'm new at Perl, and tinkering didn't help, so I took a shot and ran install.cgi again, and everything worked once again. Should have just left well enough alone after that Wink...

So then I needed to change some of the paths in links.cfg (I was moving the directory from byebye2, the test directory, to byebye, the visible directory), and I got the same error message. I changed the path in review.cgi to reflect the new directory...

I tried running install.cgi again, but this time, no luck...

Any ideas?

The site-not-working is at www.floor42.com/byebye/

This mod is amazing (yeah widgetz!), and I'd really like to keep using it. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Best,
Kate Smile

------------------
www.whatsthatline.com
Movie, television and literary quotations. You know you want to add some quotations. Really. It would make me sooo happy Wink

www.floor42.com
Floor 42 - Fans of Douglas Adams

[This message has been edited by Kate42 (edited October 01, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: review.cgi - error message In reply to
install.cgi adds 3 subroutines to your site_html.pl or site_html_templates.pl depending on which one you use..

just delete the copy in your backup directory (made by install.cgi) and run the install.cgi again

jerry
Quote Reply
i forgot to tell you what you did to cause this problem Wink

you edited or just uploaded site_html.pl or site_html_templates.pl and didn't download the new copy..

i thought people would figure it out by themselves when they run install.cgi it says "Modifying to site_html.pl".. or something they would know to go and download it..

but it seems that no one even reads install.cgi Wink many have emailed me with:

I ran install.cgi.. but i still haven't download review.cgi.. where is review.cgi? and then the next email i get from them.. before i even reply.. "oh.. i found review.cgi in my cgi directory. i don't know how that got in there.. i guess i have downloaded it before.."

sometimes it amazes me..

jerry
Quote Reply
Guilty as charged, Jerry Wink - thanks so much, that sounds exactly like something I would do Wink

Next time I'll try to r-e-a-d the directions Smile

Best, and thanks for an excellent mod,
Kate