Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

problem with home-modified templates (links not showing)

Quote Reply
problem with home-modified templates (links not showing)
Hi everybody,
I use templates modified by myself from original snap templates, I have modified everything with clean HTML code (under dreamweaver), but here is the problem: home page looks ok, but when i click on a category, the category page appears with blank spaces in place of sites titles and description (but i still have the "rate it" link under each invisible site title and description)
Huhhh? Anyone can help?
Thanks in advance (and forgive my imperfect english)
Quote Reply
Re: problem with home-modified templates (links not showing) In reply to
You will have to edit the pages where you have the tags, <%Title%> and <%Description%>. WYSIWYG editors like Dreamweaver tend to screw up those tags.

Also, make sure you do not have any miscellanous codes that could be screwing up the Title and Description fields.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks for the tip, but which pages do i have to look at? category.html and links.html?

Thanks in advance (sorry to have duplicated my questions)
Quote Reply
Hi dr_z!

You answered your own question in your orginal post. If the links are not showing up in your categories - edit the categories page.

Be a good idea to check each of the template pages and make sure none of the tags have been messed with.

Hope that helps.

------------------
www.nzcid.godzone.net.nz
New Zealand Christian Internet Directory

Quote Reply
You need to edit the category.html file. That is the file that prints links in categories.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks everyone, it was links.html which was screwed up with bad code! category.html was ok, so came my miscomprehension...

dr_Z