Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

links2 extended

Quote Reply
links2 extended
Does anyone have a script close to this http://www.mycgiscripts.com/linksmod.html

I really dont want to pay another 120 for this mod. If someone could help me out please reply. Or if someone could build it cheaper let me know and i will pay.

thanks agian

jamie
Quote Reply
Re: [jamies] links2 extended In reply to
Well, most of the additions found in Links Extended are pretty much scrounged out of this forum. With a little effort, searching the forum and resource center should be enough to get a custom version running on your own for free.

Most of the users here (well I "hope") are against packaged deals such as this because they tend to infring upon peoples copyrights (Links Extended did this untill they got some nasty emails from some of us).

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] links2 extended In reply to
well i have found some of the mods but am not haveing to much luch installing them. I have tried the recip link and have posted a few times for help but didnt recieve any. I cant find the toplist mod, the link that is provided is died, so not sure about that one.

any help would be appricated.

thanks

jamie
Quote Reply
Re: [jamies] links2 extended In reply to
Ya, you will find that most of the info will lead you to nothing. It seems that most of the good stuff was in the beginning and now that most of the people that started all have everything no one wants to share with us. It seems that way anyway. I may as well pay for a script that has all built in and get updates like most other software as in the long run it would be much cheaper. If you get something that has very little and then having to keep paying for good mod that do something it will cost much more in the long run. Also you never know what will go wrong. Like now all my whats new whats cool don't even work. I now have to go and see which mode is causing this. Then when all is well I can then put the site on the net. As for now I just keep playing until it works. I sure wish I was a good programmer in perl as I would help all out. It is much better to help everyone to succeed then to hog as it only makes people go to other programs that seem to have more. I maybe wrong but so far I am not seeing anything different.
rexxx webmaster
Quote Reply
Re: [rexxx] links2 extended In reply to
Hmm you are right on one account, but the other side of the coin is that there must be a reason for mod authors not to share their work, and it isn't just wanting to "hog" their code.