Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

isyndicate.com & links --how?

Quote Reply
isyndicate.com & links --how?
Hi,

Does anyone know how to display isyndicate.com headline news into Links home page?

Jimz of Netoo! has done it. Take a look at his site at netoo.phiberoptix.com/ on the right side of the home page under the heading HeadLine News to see what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

Bill
cdxpl@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by billtheman (edited June 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: isyndicate.com & links --how? In reply to
 isyndicate.com

this would be great mod to have just like in yahoo or any other portal.

Bill
cdxpl@yahoo.com
Quote Reply
Bill, read my post in the other forum.

------------------
Sincerely,

Netoo! Support
Netoo! Internet Services Of America.
http://www.netoo.phiberoptix.com
Quote Reply
It is always great to have up to date news available, the only problem to isyndicate.com is that when you click on the link you lose them from your site and may not get them back. Check out my site at http://www.concepts2000.com and click on Local and World News link, this will keep people in your site as they review the news. This is a service put out by www.7am.com, it can be branded with your site name and incorporated into your site.

------------------
Joker
Concepts 2000 Online
www.concepts2000.com
tech@concepts2000.com

Quote Reply
Simple solution, edit script to open into new window.

------------------
Sincerely,

Netoo! Support
Quote Reply
Jimz, what other message and forum are your referring to? Unrealated to links I am trying to include headlines on a page of mine as well. I couldn't find any related information to what you've done.

-Norm
Quote Reply
Look in Links Discussion. Its under the topic Links SQL.

------------------
Sincerely,

Netoo! Support
Quote Reply
It's VERY obvious that he (jimz that is) won't disclose the actual script that pulls out isyndicate.com content for display on a Links page. It's a shame that people like him participate on this forum only to take but NOT give. He's been beating around the bush at me for the last two days and send me a BLANK email without the attachment script he promised. I guess he changed his mind about helping out and now he's telling us all to go figure. Sad but true!

Payback? Ok, if "jimz" or James Ribar ever ask for help on this forum, my suggestion to you all is to ignore him and give back the same medicine. He surely deserves it!

bill

[This message has been edited by billtheman (edited June 10, 1999).]
Quote Reply
check out the code i posted for you guys in the thread a couple above this one, "Headline News from Yahoo? "

I wrote a little LWP script for you guys to grab headlines.

just remember, don't use it for evil.....
Quote Reply
billtheman,

I saw your comments about Jimz in another thread in another forum and I didn't comment on it but, now that it is also posted in this forum, I will.

Your personal views or assumptions about Jimz have nothing to do with Links Modifications, the theme of this forum. The script you want from Jimz has nothing to do with this forum either, even though you plan on using it with Links on your home page.

In the future, please correspond, via email, directly with the person you are having problems with to iron out the difficulties. This forum should not be used to publically accuse someone of not cooperating or suggesting that this person be ignored by everyone, regardless of whether or not the person deserves it. This is a support forum, not a personal attack forum.

Since this thread is not really related to any Links modification, I am closing this thread.

Bobsie