Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Verifying big links databases: temporary solution.

(Page 3 of 3)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Kangaroo] Verifying big links databases: temporary solution. In reply to
If only that mod from brxner where still available.......

That website is gone and the whole thing pretty complex and confusing for the amateur i am,

How is the COMPLETE change to do, can you specify please, with my 6500 links i am just a bit to deep in as to go manually through all of them and i find hardly a simple solution here in the forum searches.

Also are server time outs an issue, my host has a "security" thing for such operations that simply time out after some minute or so, a staggered link verification mod would therefore help, if i just knew if this one works and how to install the whole thing everywhere where changes are necessary
Quote Reply
Re: [gossy] Verifying big links databases: temporary solution. In reply to
Would this mod help?

According to the description, it verifies multiple links simultaneously.
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Verifying big links databases: temporary solution. In reply to
Tongue well, that is at least something to try out - have you tried it, is it working???

I as a non scripter am puzzeld by stuff like this:

mod requires the CPAN module Parallel::ForkManager. The .zip file includes both the modified nph-verify.cgi file and a CVS diff. Note that the diff relates to a variant that makes use of libwww-perl.

Is this chinese??? (no, i know it's not, but it sounds to me almost like it).

I will now go and make an attempt on it but i sure wish the person that made it would have added a little setence about where exactly that CVG diff file has to be put in, so i simply asume it has to go into admin, but then again that might be totally wrong, i'll soon know more.

Why i post an answer already BEFORE having tested it is this:

(And i hope some of the regular super scripters in here see it too)

I came across this website: http://www.relsoftware.com/

wouldn't something like this do the job much better - if it was compatible with links2?????

Or, i also had the idea that maybe it would be possible to simply take the URL's out of "url.db" and somewhere on the web is a "multi URL tester" where they could all be dumped in and that site would run a check of all of them and the deadlinks could be marked for manual deletion later on in Links????
Quote Reply
Re: [timvdh] Verifying big links databases: temporary solution. In reply to
does anyone have luck to download this version of verify link scipt before http://lh.links247.net/ server goes down? if so can you share it with me you can send it to sensovision@softhome.net Thanks in advance!

Denis
------
Webmaster Key - Discussion Forums
Pharos Search - A Human Edited Directory
> >