Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Description Text Size

Quote Reply
Description Text Size
Using a Yahoo! style template for links 2.0 and I was wondering how to make the text size of the description smaller.
Quote Reply
Re: [LordStryfe] Description Text Size In reply to
I was also wondering why the & symbol can't be used with categories?
Quote Reply
To change the text size for categories, you can either edit the links.css file, found in the 'pages' folder, or edit site_html_templates.pl, near the bottom (literally last few lines).

Regarding the & symbol in categories...it is a safety thing, as directories are not allowed to be created with that charachter in. Due to this, its not allowed. In Links SQL, you cna happily use & $ .. and more, as it replaces them with _'s when building.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Description Text Size In reply to
In Reply To:
To change the text size for categories, you can either edit the links.css file, found in the 'pages' folder, or edit site_html_templates.pl, near the bottom (literally last few lines).
____________________________________________________ I looked on both of those but could not find the place for that. Can you show me where it is?
Quote Reply
This is from site_html_templates.pl, way near the bottom

# Then we print out the name linked, new if it's new, and popular if its popular.
$output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> |;
$output .= qq|<small><sup class="new">new</sup></small>| if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);
$output .= qq|</dt>|;
$output .= qq|<dd><span class="descript">$description </span></dd>| if (!($description =~ /^[\s\n]*$/));
$output .= qq|</dl>|;
}

If you're using the default CSS, then class="link" is telling the cat name what to look like. You can remove the CSS here and put in HTML, if you prefer <font size="3">, or whatever. I'd stay with CSS, though, in which case under the .link you would have font-size: 9px; or something...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie