Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Search in this subcategory only

Quote Reply
Search in this subcategory only
Hi:

I would like to allow users to search only in one category. There is a mod called Llinks wich seems to offer this capability but I tried to install it and it seems very complicated and is like a package that also makes other changes (allows different languages for example). It also has a so-so rating.
This seems great if you want to do all the changes, but in my case I only want to allow users to the option to search only in a give category. Has anyone done this and how?
If you used this mode, is it easy to install by a non programmer?

Thanks
Tj
Quote Reply
Re: Search in this subcategory only In reply to
 www.widgetz.com/links_mods/

hehe.. i should update that page... too lazy.. Smile

jerry

[This message has been edited by widgetz (edited October 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks widgetz, it works ok now and it's a very useful and easy to install mod!
Quote Reply
Thanks widgetz, I tried your mod and it's very easy to set up (even by no experienced people like me).

There is one thing that I would like, and maybe you can tell me if it's possible, or if you are going to include it in the next release:
I would like people to have just two radio buttons "search all links" and "search only this category" (or search only category name). So basically what I want is the same but with radio buttons, I think it's easier for the user to realize that they can select to search only in the category if they see and have to check one of the two options.

Thanks Again
Tj
Quote Reply
ok.. all forms are a matter of getting the category_name_escaped of the category.. so basically.. you would use..

Code:
<input type="radio" name="category" value="All"> Search All Links <input type="radio" name="category" value="$category_name_escaped">

or perhaps if your using templates..

Code:
<input type="radio" name="category" value="All"> Search All Links <input type="radio" name="category" value=">%category_name_escaped%<">

jerry
Quote Reply
i'm going to try to install it today. it seems very simple. i think you need to add it to the detailed search page as well(search.html) for template users