Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Search Functionality

Quote Reply
Search Functionality
I am developing Links for use in a education environment. I need to be able to sort links based on grade level.

I've added a new feild to my database to hold 5 different grade levels. I editted the link.html template, and everything seems to be good. It prints the link grade level beside each link. The problem comes with search sorting.

I can search by keyword just as always. I can now search by grade level as well.(i can type in one of the levels to use it as a keyword, or select a radio button.) But the search engine returns no results when i search on both. If i search for either "US history k-2" (either via keywords or keywords/radiobox) i got no results. Whereas if i search for "US History" or the string "k-2" i do get results.

I added a link to the database that has the name US history and the grade k-2 so that i know i _should_ get a link returned.

I added the new feild to the search array, and made the changes to the search script, in the same fashion as russian guy suggests in his mod.

Have you guys run into this before?