Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Recip Link Checker Problem - HELP

Quote Reply
Recip Link Checker Problem - HELP
Hi,

I have followed the Recip Link Checker instructions exactly and when I hit the add.cgi I get a blank page with this error "Unkown Tag: recip". Does anyone know what the problem is. In addition I get a server error 500 when I run recip.cgi and it is CHMOD'ed to 755 and the paths to the 2 required files are correct. Can you please help me out with this if you know the problem?

Thank You,

Doug
Quote Reply
Re: [Technel] Recip Link Checker Problem - HELP In reply to
Hi All,

Well it took some doing and experimenting but I got the add.cgi to work and the recip.cgi to work. I don't get anything but a Reciprical Link Report

Tuesday, December 2 2003 - 23:25:50

I don't see how this thing works. I added a site with a URL for the link page that DID NOT have a link to my site on it and it validated and still no report was made. How in the hect do you use this reciprical link check anyhow? I don't get it.

One thing I would like to do is get the reciprical link the user gives me to show up as an HTML hyperlink. That would be an easy way to check for the return link. If I could make it show up as a hyperlink in the admin area I could deal with that. At least and this point I know where my link is supposed to be but I would have to copy and paste the URL in another browser window to look for my link. Clicking it to open another window would be great. Any ideas on how to do that?

Any help is appreciated,

DougUnsure

Quote Reply
I had to pay someone here to fix mine, it would not work. Right now recip.cgi works fine but -- it kept reporting it could not reach a site, and it's my own site and I knew it was up. Had to add a backslash at the end of the URL for it to work.

When the report shows up, the bad links are hyperlinked so you can easily click on them to check a site

I'd like to be alone in a room, and enjoy the company.
Quote Reply
Re: [hairy] Recip Link Checker Problem - HELP In reply to
Hi,

Thanks, like I said it works and the recip.html page comes up after running the script but it's empty when I know I have entered 2 fake sites that are my own real domains but the linkURL I entered in the form does not even exist. Do you run this script to check all the sites links - I mean the ones that have submitted after this mod was installed? Anyhow I should get a bad links report but none show up.

Doug
Quote Reply
I only have 311 links so far and only had one bogus listing to check the script.

Mine was empty at first and was fixed, and I asked what was done since I need to set this up on another site soon. I was told the 'recip_report' url was not filled in, if that helps you, at the end of recip.cgi.

I'd like to be alone in a room, and enjoy the company.
Quote Reply
Re: [hairy] Recip Link Checker Problem - HELP In reply to
Thanks, but it's still an empty report