Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Rebuilt stops...data files too large?

Quote Reply
Rebuilt stops...data files too large?
I've been using Links on a new site I started about two months ago. Display wise it's very modified, but I'm only using a few other mods, one of them being AltCategories. It is setup to be a bootleg database of live Counting Crows shows. Basically you create an account and add your bootlist. Then if you're looking for a specific show you can navigate to it and locate the people who have it and email them. Everything has been going fine until today, when I find that my "Build All" via the web is stopping at "Loading Category Information". I can rebuild fine via telnet, but the web based (easier way) isn't working. I'm thinking it might be the size of my data files but I'm not sure. Right now I have 100 members, and the links.db file is at 160KB, the categories.db file is at 60KB. Do you think this is the problem? Have my data file got too large? If so, is there a way to have multiple db files for faster (and working) rebuilds? I know Links SQL might be the easier way to go with a db of this size but I honestly don't have the money to put into a liscense for it. The site is totally free and has no advertising on it, as I don't feel that would be appropriate, so if there is anyway to fix this with just the plain links 2.0 version that'd be great. I could of course use telnet to build but it's just easier using the web.

Any thoughts/suggestions/reasons why this is not working anymore?

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: [dj1s] Rebuilt stops...data files too large? In reply to
ummm ... not the size. A flat-file should be able to handle up to 1 meg files... Over in DBman somebody posted they have 2 files 1 at 2.5 megs the other at 2.6 megs ...

wonder if your data got corruted?

some thoughts until a guru stops by

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Rebuilt stops...data files too large? In reply to
Hmmm...if the data got corrupted could it still possibly work in telnet and not via the web? I had that thought to but just the fact that it works by telneting into the server has got me confused....

Nice to know the file size isn't too large though...

Any other thoughts?

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: [dj1s] Rebuilt stops...data files too large? In reply to
hi... sorry for not beeing able to help you. my links 2 flat db file is 5mb+ and everyting is working fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [fatalien] Rebuilt stops...data files too large? In reply to
ahhh ... just thought of something. Some people have had problems with their servers timing out ... I wonder if you have this same type of problem? which might mean an email to your hosting service ...

just another idea.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Rebuilt stops...data files too large? In reply to
nope... building via browser does not work anymore :-)... but via telnet i do not have any problems....

i love my hosting company ;-)

Last edited by:

fatalien: Sep 20, 2001, 5:01 AM