Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Realtime link submit mod?

Quote Reply
Realtime link submit mod?
Is there possible to submit links and to rebuild the site without the need of use Cron? I don't have telnet access, so Cron is unuseful for me. However if I leave for a longer time, the links are not updated under this period Frown

I can imagine a mod which could solve this problem:
the subcategory(but only this subcategory) where the link was submitted, rebuilds right after the the submit process(so the post could be available within a few minutes).
I'm sure this can be resolved without overloading the server. Since only the subcategory is updated(rebuilt), where the link was submitted, this feature should not cause any problems.

Webmaster33

P.S. Eliot: sorry posting here an idea again, but since it's mod related idea, I decided to post it here.
Quote Reply
Re: Realtime link submit mod? In reply to
To submit the link without validation has been discussed before in the LINKS DISCUSSION and widgetz has provided codes to do this.

In terms of automatically re-building your index...this is impossible without Crontab (for UNIX servers) or Windows Scheduler (for NT and Windows servers) programs.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Realtime link submit mod? In reply to
if you cgi-genreate every page.. it'd be self updating..

i have an example that i made for someone..

http://www.widgetz.com/links/

the content is not real Smile so for people that think u can get review.cgi v2 there.. nope.. Smile

------------------
Jerry Su
Links SQL Licensed
------------------