Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

portal.cgi : few new features?

Quote Reply
portal.cgi : few new features?
Hello

I'd like to know if it's possible to include some new features in portal.cgi (there are perhaps included, but i don't know how they work Tongue)

1) An option : delete all your favorites.
2) Is there a span pages option?
3) A new display like this :
Categorie x
- subcategorie a
- subcategorie b
Categorie y
- subcategorie a
- subcategorie b

Thanks a lot Laugh

Ciao

Quote Reply
Re: portal.cgi : few new features? In reply to
I am sure that junko (Drew) is busy with his job and life, but off-hand, it should not be that complicated to implement since these were features included in the mylinks.cgi modification. May be junko will be able to help you since I no longer use mylinks.cgi...I wrote my own script for Links SQL that uses NO client cookies and also stores links in an ADO structure within MySQL.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
2) Is there a span pages option?
3) A new display like this :
Categorie x
- subcategorie a
- subcategorie b
Categorie y
- subcategorie a
- subcategorie b
Not yet. I need to look at the span pages code in search.cgi (or nph-build.cgi) to figure this out. I'm going to integrate my news headlines/stories script first before attempting this.
In Reply To:
1) An option : delete all your favorites.
Done. Just download the most recent copy of portal.txt and the template portal_delete_all.html. The query string to delete all is 'action=delete&ID=all'.

Happy Coding,

--Drew
http://www.FindingHim.com
Quote Reply
When you update code here, like the questions that I asked last week, do you also update portal.txt everytime?

Thanks,
Adam

Quote Reply
Hello

Junko, thanks for your reply Laugh
I'll try your code for delete all,
and i'm sure that U'll find a solution for span and sort by categorie Laugh

Eliot your mod for Links Sql seems very very good Wink

Thanks
Ciao

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Eliot your mod for Links Sql seems very very good
Thanks...the nice thing about Links SQL is that it already has built-in features like spanning and sorting, which makes it much easier to create modifications.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
When you update code here, like the questions that I asked last week, do you also update portal.txt everytime?
Yes, when the changes are significant enough. A list of dates and explanation of changes are near the top of the script. Make sure you dowload the copy from links_mods/portal/templates and not links_mods/portal.

Happy Coding,

--Drew
http://www.FindingHim.com
Quote Reply
didn't i give you mylinks for links sql?

its at: http://source.jerry07.com/

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
Yes, you did provide it, but I did not like the Table design behind the modification, so I wrote my own modification (based on some of the codes you wrote in the modify.cgi for Links SQL v1.X) that uses an AKO structure (stores LinkID, UserID in a separate table). It works fine for me.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
oh.. cause i went about doing it the array way.. i guess if you put it in a table like ratings.. its easier to pull out the links the way you want it using sql queries..

also.. your review.cgi is my review.cgi?. . when i submit a review when i'm logged in.. it writes it under the name anonymous..

have you upgraded to links sql v2?

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks
Quote Reply
Yes, I am using your review.cgi and the Author name is controlled by PERMISSIONS when you sign up for an account (which you can MODIFY via the EDIT ACCOUNT option). So, if you choose NOT to have your Author/Contact name posted than Anonymous is posted instead.

No...I have not upgraded and I don't think I will since it looks like the User Management System I have hacked (with some of the codes you've written in Mods like modify.cgi) in Links v1.X is much better than the current User Management System used in Links SQL v.2.0.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hi Jerry Su

The mylinks.cgi file generates an error in the link you provided above. I tried it in IE and Netscape.

In Reply To:
[Mon Dec 11 20:20:12 2000] Links.pm: Can't locate Links.pm in @INC (@INC contains: admin
/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005 /usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux
/usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5 .) at mylinks.cgi line 29. BEGIN failed--compilation
aborted at mylinks.cgi line 29.
Is there another link we could try?

Quote Reply
haha.. umm.....................

that mylinks.cgi is for Links SQL... it won't even run for Links 2.0 users..

and no... there is not another link we could try

Jerry Su
widgetz sucks