Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

new Lwp Url Checker mod

Quote Reply
new Lwp Url Checker mod
hi,

i´ve installed the new Lwp Url Checker mod. in add.cgi there´s now an internal server error HTTP 500

any idea?
Quote Reply
Re: new Lwp Url Checker mod In reply to
ok, i don't even think virtual ave has these modules
LWP::UserAgent;
HTTP::Request;
HTTP::Headers;

at least not the last two, so i think thats what the problem is. Put this at the top of add.cgi under the /usr/bin perl command without a # in front of it
use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
so the first two lines should look like this
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
then tell me what the error says

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell

Quote Reply
can you post an url to a viewable text add.cgi file?

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell

Quote Reply
 http://leibertingen.virtualave.net/links/add.txt
Quote Reply
Software error:
[Thu Mar 23 15:45:49 2000] UserAgent.pm: Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at add.cgi line 104. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at add.cgi line 104.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@virtualave.net), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. ;
Quote Reply
what is LWP exactly? can i install it? is this possible with virtualave?

i also want to use the altavista.cgi (i think it needs LWP, too) if the search in my database returns no results. the links from altavista should look like link.htm.

i found a lot of topics in the forum, but not exactly what i want to know. it would be nice if someone could explain in short words what i must edit in the search.cgi. (only searching altavista if there are no matching records in my database and displaying the result like (NOT WITH) link.htm).
Quote Reply
Greetings,
Just for the record..
I replaced my add.cgi with the same code you URLed above, and it worked like a charm !

I've been looking for this code for quite sometime now. I guess your problem has become a solution of mine Wink

Rgds,
Sam.

Quote Reply
I'm on VirtualAve.net also, and they dont have those modules installed.

Does someone out there know if Me and other VirtualAvenue users can install these modules for *just our accounts* ?

I'm guessing the answer is going to be we need root access or something like that, right? > Frown

[This message has been edited by chmodMYundies (edited March 24, 2000).]
Quote Reply
I am VirtualAvenue user as well and already sent e-mail to info@virtualave.net with a request to install LWP module.

May be you will try to ask him too? It will increase probability of his consent.
Quote Reply
use the search for "use lib" and see what comes up
Quote Reply
I do share the same experience with VitualAve. I have been trying to figure out ways for a work around but I am unlucky so far.

Frown

Guy
Quote Reply
the altavista.cgi. is this possible with virtualave???
Quote Reply
If your hosting company has LWP installed, then yes, you can use it.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center