Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

i think i have a solution for those who do not have LWP installed

Quote Reply
i think i have a solution for those who do not have LWP installed
check this script
http://www.shavenferret.com/scripts/404/
i have not installed it yet but i think it does the trick
Quote Reply
Re: i think i have a solution for those who do not have LWP installed In reply to
Hmm...Well, may be for finding bad links in terms of Not Found, but restrictive in terms of reporting back other Server activity,like:

1) 303- Permanently Moved
2) 505- Internal Server Error

etc., etc.

Possibly a nice rudimentary tool to use if you do not have LWP. Another suggestion I have is using Log Analyzer from WebTrends or a third party client software programs that is not dependent on server configurations.

But, theguy, great find. Just wanted to add my two cents.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: i think i have a solution for those who do not have LWP installed In reply to
well according to alex, all other errors are not serious, just worry about error 404.
alot of times i check error 303 and find it okay. error 500 could be the server is down,
how do you guys go about these errors
Quote Reply
In terms of other errors...they are important. In terms of permanently moved errors (while redirections are in place), it is much better to edit the link rather than relying on servers to keep giving redirection messages or relying on "webmasters" to post MOVED messages.

In terms of 505 Internal Server Errors, if they persist in my verification report, I delete the link.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
... makes me really wish that there were some way to customize 404 actions or even pages on an NT virtual server... : (

(that's not mine, but rather with an ISP I should add.)

[This message has been edited by jc78726 (edited November 24, 1999).]