Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

goFetch Spider

(Page 3 of 3)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: goFetch LinkSpider released! In reply to
http://lookhard.hypermart.net/.../Look/goAdmin/db.cgi
I am using dbman as that goFetch admin, as long as i get Gossamer's permission to release it with my mod. I will ask them soon. It exports but not as cleanly as i want it to. As of now it only exports the link without changing the id number according to the links.db but with the spider.db, so i need to change that. Pretty much though, the past few hours i set this up in have been really easy and its not hard to administer with dbman, or at least it won't be.

Quote Reply
This is what I get...
Am I missing something?

Software error:

BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /web/guide/organizedbambino/directory/links/goFetch.cgi line 681.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (Webmaster), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Quote Reply
did you change any code? if not, post me a link to the code of the goFetch script?

Quote Reply
http://www.kaysha.com/directory/links/goFetch.cgi

I didn't change the code except for what's in the read me manual...

Quote Reply
Ok, i basically am almost done with the admin, i got exporting, and everything, and just have to integrate with dmoz. Anyway, i want people to go on my system and see how it is, so for the first 3-5 people who email litrbf@aol.com, they will get a password and login so they can view the export and how it works and everything.

Quote Reply
Re: goFetch Spider In reply to
Software error:
Can't open `': No such file or directory at goFetch.cgi line 44.

What is the problem ????

Quote Reply
Software error:

BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /web/guide/organizedbambino/directory/links/goFetch.cgi line 681.

Ooops...Sorry!
Quote Reply
Ahhhhhh!, i'm gonna ask you nicely to please delete my full goFetch.cgi code from your post, it is not even necessary to post the whole program.

Quote Reply
ok, am i blind or is half the code from my original program missing from your post, including html codes. What did you do, because that is not my original program.

Quote Reply
I'll try to reinstall then...

Quote Reply
Looks like you were right...
I reuploaded the script and it works fine!
Very nice piece of work man...
Thanks.
K.

Quote Reply
Looking at this script, it has alot of outstanding potential. One question, does the script that you have automatically give a category listing to select from to input the URLs into, or is that something you tweaked out of the script. Was wondering, when I was playing around with the script, it did not have the category listing like what is on your page. Also, would you be willing to give permission to play around with the script a little? Just thinking of some extra goodies I could add to it...

Trust in your elders, for they hold the key to life...
Quote Reply
By the way, found a new use for the script... I use the Anaconda script from Amazon to fetch books in hardlinked format for my site. You can input http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/anaconda.pl?keyword=YOURKEYWORK&tag=YOURAMAZONAFFILIATEID, and get back a listing of books with your hardcoded links. Again, think of the possibilities!!!

Trust in your elders, for they hold the key to life...
Quote Reply
i find that it would be more usefull to get that working
"http://www.anysite.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=639"
with this you are able to crawl other search engine...
for example
xyz.com's search engine has links from ID=1 to ID=1000000
and if you are able to run a script that will crawl from id=1 to id =100000, it would be very usefull...

Quote Reply
i have an other question
how do u stop it from crawling.....
it just keep going. and i ran out of space

Quote Reply
xyz, if you want it to be able to spider other sites, be my guest and make an addon but i will not make it. Also,i will make a variable in links.cfg where you can input a number, and if when the spider checks the database and it is at least 20 numbers away from the variable, then it will give a message stating that you are not accepting anymore links.

> >