Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

field calculation

Quote Reply
field calculation
I am testing links to co-work with S-Mart, It seems work.
Just one question. If I want to have a field in Link called ¡°Price¡±
is it possible to have the price printed on links page with calculated value.

For instance, Let ¡®s say the origianl price value in the database is 10, while I want the final value printed on links appear as 8. There should make a caculation while the script print the links page.

How do I modifiy the script to have this function, or which part of code should be modified?

Thanks.

Lee
Quote Reply
Re: field calculation In reply to
My ideal is to offer seasonal discount for the certain products. Instead of change all price field data in Database, i want to only change a percentage rate in calculation variable, all the discounted price will be appeared in links page after i simply rebuild all the page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

------------------
Quote Reply
This is easy, but I can't figure out what project you are working on...
Quote Reply
Actually it is not consider a project. As both S-mart and links are great scripts. I want to integrate two script together and get the function i needed. I have locally sucessfully tested it out. IT works great.

But i still want to have some feature for example seasonal distount, bulk discount and coupon discount.

Right now i have suck on seasonal discount stage.

Could you point me how to modify link script to have field calculation function and have it print out in links page.

Thanks

------------------
Quote Reply
Old money,

actually you could call it a shopping cart script it just combine both s-mart and links great function together.

For links i use it as a database and great build all static pages fuction. For S-mart it offers flexible customization ablility as well as order tracking........

I really like above two scirpts.

------------------
Quote Reply
I'm sorry for the confusion, Lee. By project, I meant your website... I would be happy to help if you were to disclose your website in your profile. It isn't that I don't mind helping (plenty have helped me!), it is jsut that I like to know who I am helping.