Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Wicked Webadverts

Quote Reply
Wicked Webadverts
Hi All!

Very impressed newbie here, to say the least.

OK, now to the problem.

I used Yasser's mod for Webadverts, but once the index.shtml page has been built, the same banner comes up every time the page is reloaded.

I'm sure my problem is elementary, any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
webmaster
www.benchrest.com

[This message has been edited by elmo (edited August 11, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Wicked Webadverts In reply to
Elmo,

Which browser are you using? (My guess is Netscape 4+) Just to be sure of the terms --you've actually hit "Reload" rather than just hit the "Back" button, correct?

Bob
Quote Reply
Bob,

Yes to both I hit reload and it is Netscape 4+.

The index.shtml page that was built has the adverts link already designated to a specific banner. I believe I need the index.shtml page to call the adverts script when it is loaded. Just not sure how to enter the code into the home.html before it is built into the index.shtml.

Many thanks to bjordan and all!!
Quote Reply
I haven't used the WebAdverts mod, but from what you're saying it sounds like the build process is writing the code for whatever banner it happened to load while the static page is being built, rather than the banner CALL. I'll have to let someone who is familiar with the mod comment on whether this is a problem with SSI or the mod itself.

I've used the code on the following pages to get around banner problems in other non-Links static pages, and I did drop it into Links as a header to see if it worked --which it did. So if no one comes up with a solution, you might look around
http://www.4geeks.com/...iframe-layer-reload/

Bob
Quote Reply
Oh yeah, BTW.

I'm not using CSS. I am using the "Slick Templates" while setting up Links 2.0.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing. Would you go with CSS or not. I am somewhat ignorant about CSS, but am curious if I should use it or not.

I am changing my static site over to the Links format, and would be very appreciative for any info from people who have been down this road already.

thanks again,

------------------
Elmer Harris
Benchrest Central
www.benchrest.com
Quote Reply
Scrap CSS