Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Want Links Sorted in Random Order

Quote Reply
Want Links Sorted in Random Order
Hi,

I've been searching but can't find this answer for 2.0 ... Alex had a simple change to make for version 1.x and it worked fine. I didn't make note of it, and can't seem to get a random sort with 2.0. I'm just now upgrading my site to 2.0.

Sorting is fine, as is, for the new, cool and rated links. They are fine at the top. But I want the rest of the links to be sorted randomly, that is, different order each time I rebuild. Like shuffling a deck of cards.

If that's not possible, I'd settle for a complete randomized list each time I rebuild.

Can anyone help me? I've banged my head so long over this there's a hole in my monitor Wink

--Train
Quote Reply
Re: Want Links Sorted in Random Order In reply to
You're right..this would be a cool mod..I haven't learned about sorting in perl yet..but I'd love to since I don't understand that part of the code at all..
Quote Reply
See if the thread at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um3/HTML/000133.html is what you are looking for.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Hi Bobsie,

Thanks ... this does randomize the order, and it changes with each build, just like Links 1.1 did with Alex's mod.

It doesn't give me the new and pop links first, (which would be ideal), then the rest of them, but it's much more important to me to have all the links randomized on each build.

Thanks!!!

--Train