Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Using third party FREE EAMIL services..

Quote Reply
Using third party FREE EAMIL services..
Greetings,
I am using a third party email service to provide my visitors with FREE EMAIL (name@mydomain.com). In order to setup this service, I had to ask my website hosting company to change some setting for the free email to work. Now everything seems right, and all incoming and outgoing emails are going through the third party mailing server; however, no add or modify confirmation emails is sent to users. In other word, when I validate a new site, the webmaster of the added site will not receive any confirmation email from me anymore.
My site is hosted on a UNIX server, and I ma using the first option as the mailing path, and since the path is not working anymore, can I use the SMTP or what should I do..
Thank you in advance for your help..
Mark

Quote Reply
Re: Using third party FREE EAMIL services.. In reply to
Did the emails work before your change?

It shouldn't matter because you are using the sendmail programs.

I use a third party email service too(everyone.net) and I have no problems with that.

-Ryan

Quote Reply
What relevance does this have with Links 2.0?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
His Links 2.0 is not working properly.

That is the relevance.

-Ryan

Quote Reply
When I setup Everyone.net on my site, my host said that I needed to specify if I wanted to continue using sendmail, as they had to set things up a little differently. You will need to contact your host, and hopefully they can make the changes without too much trouble.

Rick

Quote Reply
I got it. Thank you all for your help. I just called my hosting company, and they just had to open my private send mail log file and closed it, and now everything works as it used to.

Thanks and sorry for the troubles...
Mark