I have a non-common problem...in new.html template new links are listed like:

Date 1:
* link1
* link2
* link3

Date 2:
* link 1
* link2

When I have more than 30 new links, in MS IE appears that can not open the requested page...

In links.cfg I have configured:
# Number of days a link is considered New.
$db_new_cutoff = 7; # 7 days old.

# The script can now break up category pages that have more then x
# number of links in it. It will also create next and previous links
# to help navigate. Set this to 1 if you want to break up pages or 0 if
# you want to have only one page per category.
# Setting this to one, will also break up the What's New pages into
# per day sections (not affected by number of links per page).
$build_span_pages = 1;

My hack:
$build_span_pages1 = 0;
(to list all new links for last 7 days in a single page)

# Number of links per page.
$build_links_per_page = 15;

Where is the problem?

You can see the page at http://www.povezave.com

Quote Reply
Re: Too many links in new.html? In reply to
well... you can't just add this single line "$build_span_pages1 = 0;" to expect the whole idea to work....

Your question is kinda confusing also...
you said your MS IE won't open the page when there is more than 30 links... but now you try to put all links onto one single page...
mmm....
Quote Reply
Heh Smile I added the single line "$build_span_pages1 = 0;" and everything works well...unless my problem, which was described in very detailed way...
I am not a beginner with cgi-scripts and I have no time to read so boring answers like yours (sorry, I am a little confused Wink

First of all (before my stupid hack), the line $build_span_pages = 1; was set to 0 (you know...$build_span_pages = 0), but - HOH! - the problem was the same! And here comes the best - with MS IE I was not able to open new.html template neither categories!

The better solution was to break up categories with 15 links per page, withought braking up the New pages into per day sections.

As you can see from my 1st post, I have written 2 lines:
# Number of days a link is considered New.
$db_new_cutoff = 7; # 7 days old.

So, the links (which are considered new) on (my single new) page are limited to 7 days. But, as you probably know, the number of added links in 7 days can be higher than 30 and here comes up my problem.

Your suggestion?
Quote Reply
I would suggest spanning the main new page (like with category pages), so that you will have additional new pages after a certain number of new links. Also, this will help users download your What's New page. I am in the process of spanning another page generated by Links. If I come up with a solution and if this is something that you want, I can post the hacked codes here.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanx, Eliot, this is not a bad idea...spamming What's new page like category pages...it could be very nice from you to post the right solution here...see you!

zevsek
www.povezave.com
Quote Reply
I played with it yesterday and got tons of errors. I will try it more this weekend and see if I can come up with a solution. I, too, would like to have spanning pages on one of my non-category pages. So, I am motivated to find a solution.

I will post the Modification/Hack in this forum when I come up with a solution.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------