Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

The Ultimate Links is LINKS-SQL

Quote Reply
The Ultimate Links is LINKS-SQL
Can't wait for the release of Links all-SQL version!

My Links database is getting too big and the MySQL windows NT version is pretty slow maybe because of my hacked search scripts. At any rate, when Alex release the all-SQL version of Links, I intend to use MS SQL 7 and I believe Links by Gossamer can match Yahoo or any other search indexes out there in terms of performance. I want it badly!!!

How about you guys? Is your Links text file DB getting too large and searches are coming to a crawl?

Bill
Quote Reply
Re: The Ultimate Links is LINKS-SQL In reply to
I'm afraid that if any SQL version will be released, it will not be free. ;-)

my smile is because here in Bulgaria my salary is ~$300/month and one must be a maniac to buy expensive software..

I'm not curious why most of us use Linux instead of Windoze ;-)

------------------
rgrdz,
TukBa
Quote Reply
Why? did Alex say he would charge $300 for the SQL version of Links? I don't remember him saying this at all. At any rate, $300 is well worth it if I had to pay for it! Hurry Alex, please.

Thanks,

Bill
Quote Reply
Taking this a step forward with mentioned Future Developments.

In the last newsletter I got from Alex, it mentioned a Windows based installer, that would install the scripts, set permissions etc, basically do the lot.

What every happened to that?

Martin
Quote Reply
Links SQL would be great. However, since it's not here yet are there other fixes? I'm also wondering how many 'records' Links can search before getting bogged down...
Quote Reply
anachron,
If the SQL verson dosent come out soon, i will find out. Im up to 5,522 links, 2,800 categories and growing very rapidally. The search part of my site is down tho. You can view the site at http://netoo.phiberoptix.com. Just dont complain if stuff dont work. Its a hard part of time with school, graduation, finals. Im trying to get it done, but may take a while. Over the summer with work, ill even have less time. I just hope i can get the basis done for the site. Basically the links part.

------------------