Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Strange Happenings...

Quote Reply
Strange Happenings...
All of a sudden i'm getting a "Premature end of script headers" error... sometimes. I can't delete categories anymore. I can still add them though. If I modify a category field and the text I put in is too long the error comes up. This happens even though the text is below the limit set in category.def. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Quote Reply
Re: Strange Happenings... In reply to
What modifications have you added recently?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Recently, I've added nothing, but I have an idea why it's happening, I just don't know how to fix it....

I've increased all the field lengths to accomodate affiliate URLs, long descriptions, long meta tags, etc. It seems I hit some kind of limit in the program. I added my first long meta description and the errors began. I could no longer delete categories or modify anything. If I stayed below a certain limit, the errors went away. It has nothing to do with the category.def limits, because I stayed way below them. Is there some sort of other limit imposed by the script? I really need to add decent meta tags which require long field lengths.

Quote Reply
Try increasing the maximum character column in the category.def for all your fields to something like 10000. Although you do know that you should have no more than 50 keywords on average and less than 200 characters in your description field in the META tag fields, right?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Nope, that didn't do it. My limits on the meta tags were going to be 200 for the description and 650 characters for keywords. That should have been perfect.

With 10000 limits, the same thing happens... I add the first meta description and it takes it. I add another one and I get the error. And for another little twist, I added a meta description to my first category and it worked. I then deleted the meta description from the first category and added the same description to the second category and I got the error. Then I shortened that description and tried it in the second category again, and it worked. Very strange.