Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Staggered Build

Quote Reply
Staggered Build
Right now I have like 2000 links in the database. When I do a build all it usually dies in the middle of the build. So I tried the staggered build and it works perfect except for 1 problem, when its at step 2 updating categories it only updates the first category and its subcategories and says it is done. Is there a way to make it update ALL the categories????
Quote Reply
Re: Staggered Build In reply to
Use telnet...it is much faster and uses less processing on your server.

For more information on using telnet to build your directory, search for the MANY threads that cover this in ALL the LINKS Forums.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Ok I used telnet and it seems to work much better now when I update. AT first it would not update cause of permissions and such with th ebcakup files but I fixed that. Now it won't update cause of the index.html file permissions , but when I try to chmod them to 777 it but says I don't have permission to chmod them. All the built directories and pages I have no way of setting permissions on them. How can I get aroudn this?
Quote Reply
Delete all your files in your non-cgi-bin LINKS directory. Then use telnet to re-build your directory.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Well that seems to have worked thanks. Now I justhave this stupid unknow tag problem left and everything is running smooth.
Quote Reply
I have already answered your other Thread.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
When I delete all NON CGI Directory and build by telnet. is it possible to run build all from web site later without changing permission.

Quote Reply
NO...as discussed before in this Forum.

You can only build by telnet from now on.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
----------------------