Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Sending secondary validation e-mail to site owner, how?

Quote Reply
Sending secondary validation e-mail to site owner, how?
I decided I'm only going to allow legit domain names, no vanity names, into my directory. And to help cut down on site spammers, I recently visited a site called dogpile.com. They have a unique system where after you add your URL, an e-mail is sent to 'webmaster@domainjustadded.com' to let the owner, or contact person registered, that their site was submitted. Cool.

How could I add a secondary outgoing validation e-mail to go out automatically to 'webmaster@???.com' after I validate the URL in the admin menu?

Thank you!

Quote Reply
Re: Sending secondary validation e-mail to site owner, how? In reply to
Huh???? LINKS already sends out a confirmation letter to the Link Owner. Who else do you want to send a confirmation letter to???

Very confusing request to say the least.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
he means after its been added, like when it sends the message to the admin, send another message to the link owner saying their site was submitted, and will be validated and stuff like that

------------------
LookHard Search
lookhard.hypermart.net
Lavon Russell
Quote Reply
Modify sub send_email in add.cgi to send out your initial email... just copy the format you need from the existing sub.

------------------
The Immuatable Order of Modding
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. Read the FAQ, 2. Search the board, 2a. Search the board again, 3. ask the question, 4. back-up, 5. experiment, 6. rephrase question (or better yet, post solution to original question)
Quote Reply
I originally meant to have (2) different e-mails go out. In my links.def I added a field for the 'Submitters Email' and then also added a field for 'Domain Owners Email' addresses.

Ideally, I would like to have 2 different e-mails, one going to the submitter, then one to the owner of the domain. But how?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Bmxer wrote a mod that allows the administrator to edit the deletion email before sending it. You could modify the codes to also add additional template email files that you can use to send to the other address.

Go here to look at this mod:

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------