Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Problem Unknown Tag

Quote Reply
Problem Unknown Tag
I am having a problem. It seems that on all the .cgi pages that it is saying Unknown Tag : Title at the top of the screen and displaying the page below it. This is being put in before the <HTML> tag on these pages. The weird thing is there is no Title tags in the template files. Anyone know what the problem maybe?
Quote Reply
Re: Problem Unknown Tag In reply to
You may be mistaking <%Title%> for <%site_title%> in your <title></title> anchors.

If not, provide us the URL to your template files or copy them into a publicly accessible directory, so we can see the HTML Source Code.

Thanks.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
You can view all my template files in this directory http://www.bccomm.net/templates

There is no Title tags in them I went through but maybe you can figure it out. It only shows the error on the cgi generated pages liek add and modify and the email subscribe and such.
Quote Reply
Are you using header and footer files for your pages??? If so, that could be the problem.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
No I am not using header and footer files.

I noticed it shows it at the top of the admin page in the right frame as well, it only shows in the cgi generated pages I dunno what gives.
Quote Reply
That is strange.

What changes have you made to the scripts? Be specific.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
All I can think of since it started doing it would be adding the ask.com mod that cuts out common words. Thats all I can think of.
Quote Reply
Well...that should not globally affect your other cgi scripts.

Are you sure this is the only Mod?? Think hardier.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Yup its the only mod that I put in yesterday and I just noticed this problem today. Here you can look at it if you want at http://www.bccomm.net/cgi-bccomm/links/add.cgi

you will see the error on that page also. I get it on all the cgi generated pages even on the search results pages Frown
Quote Reply
I also installed that mod to check to see if your URL is already added and that is it. I put that one in as well. Those are the only 2 that have been added in the last week and this problem just started. When I build pages it adds that at the top before it starts to build the pages too. I have no idea where it is coming from. If you have icq and think you could fix this problem then icq me anbd I will let you browse through all my files but I am stuck. icq # 52028916
Quote Reply
I hate ICQ and messaging programs...crashes my computer all the time...YUCK!

I really don't know what to say. Other than double check the codes you have installed and also check your site_html_templates.pl and make sure that you do not have Title in the global section (%globals) in that file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------