Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Please solve this real problem...

Quote Reply
Please solve this real problem...
Hi everyone, I'm Haydur the guy who wrote/created the Google Affiliate mod for the search_results & search_error pages. When I missed a serious flaw, and a guy who recently mailed me will give you the details...

Hi Haydur, greetings from spain:
Very nice original page !!!
I have a problem...

When I carry out a search in my links 2.0 and I don't get results, in the
place of it valued =" <%term%> the terms appear but with the following
format:

the search:

it dates web

the search field form of google:

data%web

#I've changed it to 25, cause 20 was just creating a space...

Which the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

If you haven't understood the problem, it's just that when I use the search term inside a form field, it turns space in something like %...

So can anyone please solve this problem... it really is driving away ppl from my mod! BTW: I don't know Perl much, may be this invoves Perl...

I hope someone can help,
Haydur.

Quote Reply
Re: Please solve this real problem... In reply to
Well I can't solve it, but it does involve perl and hopefully I can point you in the right direction. It's adding in the "% 20" because % 20 is the hexadecimal value of a space. When values are passed through the URL they need to be cgi encoded so that the receiving script can understand special characters. I'm not as familiar as I used to be with Links 2.x but in your db.pl file I believe is a routine named something like cgi_encode along with a cgi_decode, you can use these to encode and decode the values you are passing and receiving through the URL. This should give you a starting point anyway, so I hope that helps Smile

As a matter of fact a funny thing I just noticed, try typeing in percent sign 20 with no space and see the value it returns, use highlighting to see that it does leave a space...

Quote Reply
Ok, I understand what you wrote, but I'm unable to do the little trick, can some one here please help!!!

Haydur

Quote Reply
Ah, you just want the actual code, not help and pointers?
Sorry holmes can't help you.

Quote Reply
Anyone, aaannnyyyooonnneee....
please solve my problem.

'Cause the future of my very first mod depends on this little tweak...

Please help me!!!