Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Personals Classified with Links 2.0??

Quote Reply
Personals Classified with Links 2.0??
Hello all!

I am looking for good software for personal classified ads for few days ago. All the software I show doesnt like me and I think to do with Links 2.0. I have this version registered from 2 months or so ago and its incredible.

I dont know if somebody here have a classified ads web site made with Links. I think its posible changing few features, using some mods and modify few lines of code. The worst (?) part of all work here I think its to implement 'Personal and private messages' for each member, as well as photos and search by certain criterias like City, Country, Sex, Age, etc...

What do you think about this idea?

Thanks and sorry for my horrible english! :-(

Regards

Quote Reply
Re: Personals Classified with Links 2.0?? In reply to
1) Classifieds have been created by LINKS 2.0 in the past...there used to be a modification for this.
2) You can apply the various File Upload Mods mentioned in this forum for the photo.
3) Someone re-wrote my private mailer Mod, which I believe links to the new Mod are referenced in this forum somewhere.

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Hello Anthro,

No problem with file upload mods. I can aply those mods to upload photo of the members and so on...

Little problem with mailer: I cant find your old mod or any modifications here. By the way, I need some mod to send private messages and some mod to allow only registered users to show 'detailed members information' but with some system that allow login members only first time they want to access to some 'detailed information' of any other member, not login each time they want to show other 'profiles' (detailed info). Cookies??

Any idea/Mod/Hack for this?

Regards.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:

Little problem with mailer: I cant find your old mod or any modifications here.

As I have mentioned before, MY MODS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE...

READ my REPLY again....

In Reply To:

3) Someone re-wrote my private mailer Mod, which I believe links to the new Mod are(is) referenced in this forum somewhere.

Let me make this more clear...alternatives to the Mod I wrote have been written...I believe glennu wrote one.

Yes...there are many login mods...some cookie based, some user database based...the most efficient system is LINKS SQL that has a built-in user authentication system. If you anticipate a large amount of users, then I would suggest using LINKS SQL.

You can find out about LINKS 2.0 member login mods via this forum and also in the Resources section.

have you even tried searching the support forums???

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/