Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Need some help with the admin mod!

Quote Reply
Need some help with the admin mod!
yeah, i have the admin mod installed, the mod that let u assign members of site user and pass, lite, pro, and admin access, one thing i have a problem with is inside the admin.def, i have added a new field: Name => [4, 'alpha', 40, 75, 1, '', ''], so when adding new users, the db stores in this input
my question is how can have the name data stored inside the admin.db to appear on the Contact Name field of the links.def, so each member won't have to waste time filling out this field when adding new resources, it would be autofilled to their name, on the contact name field after they login!

Quote Reply
Re: Need some help with the admin mod! In reply to
hey eliot, can u please help;)

Quote Reply
i'll greatly appreciate it if someone can help me:,\

Quote Reply
I don't quite understand your problem...but it looks like you may have neglected to update the admin.db after adding that new field.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
wait, let me state this clearly, in the admin.def, i have added another field which is the Name field, and yes i have successfully updated the admin.db, my question is: how can i have the new name field in the admin.def correspond to the Contact Name field inside the links.def, for example, when u add a user, u'll add their id, user name, pass, and name. then after that user is login using this acct, so he wents to the add resource form, what i want is the Contact Field on the Add resource form would be auto filled in this user's name, the 'Name" that was entered when the admin added this user! hope this is clear enough!

Quote Reply
I would recommend associating the ID of the record in the links.db RATHER than duplicating data between database files. Then use the Relational Mod for DBMAN to pull the appropriate data from the links.db and admin.db.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee