Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Modify.html

Quote Reply
Modify.html
Is it possible to drag link information from the link you want to modify into the modify.html?

Quote Reply
Re: Modify.html In reply to
"drag"?? Huh???

The modify.cgi script is already set-up to pull existing values in fields for the record that is being modified.

What do you mean by "drag"??

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
You say that the modify.cgi already is set-up to pull existing values/data from the links.db into the form fields of the modify.html... If this i correct I just does get it right.

I would like the modify to automatic fill out the fields in modify.html when a link owner has filed in the url field, if this i possible?

Regards

Paw Andersen
Denmark

Quote Reply
use password mod and users will have to provide id and pass and then Links can pull out data from database...
i'm using this one

Quote Reply
sc2utp: Could You please mail me the mod?

Quote Reply
Why do you need him to mail it to you? Why not go to the resource center and get it there instead.

Good Luck!

Glenn
http://cgi-resource.co.uk/pages/links2mods.shtml
Quote Reply
Thanks Glenn

But I can't find it!

Quote Reply
UH...TYPE in Modify Password in the search box in the Resources section of this site...

It is plainly linked in the SEARCH RESULTS page if you use "Modify Password".

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
well i thought that after two years of using and reconfiguring links2.0 i know a little about it, but this ... this is killing me. I've read old articles about mod mentioned above. The same problem we were already discussing about Anthro and it is that when i login to modify page and make necessary changes when i hit Modify button i get error "There is something wrong with password!" How can it be something wrong with password if i had to enter correct one to get to this form .. ?
i have checked modify.cgi and sitehtmltemplates.pl and modify.html. They all are using same "Password" tag?

i don't know what to do anymore!?

please .. any idea?

Quote Reply
No sorry i don't know.

But thanks to every one, i got it working now.

A special thanks to Gregor for the mod.