Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Make various modifcations to look

Quote Reply
Make various modifcations to look
I have only just started using links 2 and would like to know how to change the look(colour, size, font ect.) of the catagories list and also how to change what is displayed alongside a link(e-mail, date added ect.). I would be very grateful for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Make various modifcations to look In reply to
Use templates to edit the pages. I used AOLPress to do mine but you have to change some of the variables using Wordpad because HTML ditors will delete and change some stuff.
Look at my search here and add your link
http://nytesoft.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/find
tell me what you think. I also used that security modification on it, it works great, now no one but the owner of the link can modify there resource.

------------------
Patrick Chukwura
http://nytesoft.hypermart.net
Quote Reply
I am using templates and editing them with Frontpage 98 to modify the look of the pages but I'm not sure how to change the actual catagory look (text). In the templates there is a 'link' or script saying 'Catagory' but I dont know where that is.
Quote Reply
Bliste, In the admin options there is a link on the left sidebar for "Edit Templates" click that and change the templates from there.. You will find Home.html (Your front page) Category.html, and the rest..

Hope that helped Smile
Quote Reply
You can use Frontpage for all your templates except link.html. Link.html is a partial file that has to be edited by hand. The edit box included with the admin is good for this, or you can use Notepad (assuming you have Windows that is!). This is where the date added, etc. text is.

If you want to change the look of the category list on the home page (vs the individual category listings which are in category.html), you have to hand edit code at the very bottom of site_html_templates.pl. NEVER open this or any other .cgi or .pl file with Frontpage. You will permanently damage the script. Notepad or Wordpad work fine as long as you remember to save as "plain text".

If you have problems after using Frontpage on the other templates, the most likely problem is that the <%if...%> and <%endif%> statements no longer appear on lines all by themselves. Manually adding line breaks so all of these statements are each on their own line will probably fix it.