Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Links/Text

Quote Reply
Links/Text
Why do my links and text look fine with Netscape but look huge using Internet Explorer? Please help.

Http://AllofMaine.com
Quote Reply
Re: Links/Text In reply to
This message is in the wrong forum. This forum is for discussing modifications to Links.
Quote Reply
It's only messed up since I have be doing mods to it and changing stuff.. So I figured it would be better suited for here.
Quote Reply
I had the same problem. My portal looks great in netscape but sucked in IE. It's the style sheets. Current broweres do not properly support style sheets. I moded the style sheet and now it looks almost the same, bland, but the same.
Quote Reply
And now we know... j/k.. no problems.. You pointed out the post was in the wrong forum, I explained how I misunderstood, didnt mean to make it appear as if I was ignoring you. If you check the discussion forum I had moved my question there. I guess I should have locked this thread to keep the replys out. Sorry again.

My bad, guess I can't lock my own threads.. Frown Feel free to lock if when you get a chance..

[This message has been edited by Rick Sisco (edited July 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Let me see if I can say this in a way that it is perfectly clear so there is no confusion.

This is the Links Modification Forum. Discussions concerning modifications concerns the code published by someone, a mod desired by someone, or hacking Links itself to alter how it works (such as modifying the sort routines, etc.). It does not include editors to use to do that stuff or why your system looks one way in one browser but differently in a different browser.

Your question is clearly not concerning a modification to Links even if it resulted from a mod you did. All you asked is why the difference in the display and never mentioned anything about any mod. Therefore, it was a browser question. Such questions would be better asked in another, more generalized, forum.

Any changes made to any part of Links, including changing the configurations in links.cfg, could be classified as a modification but do not necessarily qualify for discussion in this forum. Edits made to html in site_html.pl, site_html_templates.pl, or the standard template files to give your site a unique look and feel are not mods. Using alternate templates would be a mod because they do not come with the standard Links distribution. Modifying the subroutines of either site_html.pl or site_html_templates.pl to provide a new feature for Links in a particular area, or changing the behavior of a built-in feature, would also be a mod.

I hope this clarifies things a bit better.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited July 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Rick,

I also didn't explain that, although the message was in a reply to your thread, it wasn't necessarily directed to just you. I am hoping that everyone will see it as that was its real purpose.