Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

HTML CODE HELP

Quote Reply
HTML CODE HELP
Hello my Friend :-),
I need realy help. I now working on my search engine till 1/2 year but I give up. Because I have no clue of HTML code, I work with the WISYWIG Editor Frontpage 2000. Now the code of my templates are realy bad so that MS IE is, ok but Netscape is not readable.
Is anyone here who can help me to make the template code working fine and most compatible ?
Best regards,
Markus Reifhofer
http://www.such.dir-was.de
Quote Reply
Re: HTML CODE HELP In reply to
Couple suggestions:

1) Don't use .css because they are not compatible between web browsers.

2) Use basic codes. Do not use IE specific codes.

3) Take a HTML Tutorial (Learn some raw HTML codes to tweak the pages produced by Front Page). To help with this goal...buy HTML for Dummies...A really good resource for beginner HTML coders.

4) Show us some of your template files, so that we can provide some concrete tips for fixing them. (Provide links to your template files.)

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 20, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: HTML CODE HELP In reply to
Jumping straight into perl before having an understanding of html can be hazardous to your health...

------------------
The Immuatable Order of Modding
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. Read the FAQ, 2. Search the board, 2a. Search the board again, 3. ask the question, 4. back-up, 5. experiment, 6. rephrase question (or better yet, post solution to original question)