Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Frames
First of all, please pardon my poor english. I'm starter with perl, etc. I use the LINKS (http://www.filexplorer.de/lp/indexhtml) not using the HTLM-templates. Now I would like to use it in/with frames like a banner-frame on the top a navigation on the left and a main on the right. Did anyone know how to do it, which code I've to place where?
Thanks a lot
Walter
Quote Reply
Re: Frames In reply to
Hallo Walter,

ich hoffe, dass Dir dieses weiter hilft.

Wenn Du die Linkseiten durch diese Datei aufrufst, musst Du <a href="wasimmer.htm" target="inhalt"> als Web-Adresse schreiben, dann werden alle Seiten in den Frame INHALT geleitet.

Gerd

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Alles ueber Fil...">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Filexplorer">
<title>FilExplorer</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<FRAMESET ROWS="44,*" BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="nav_oben" SRC="oben.htm" MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" SCROLLING="NO">

<FRAMESET COLS="200,*" BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" FRAMEBORDER="0">
<FRAME NAME="nav_links" SRC="links.htm" MARGINHEIGHT="5" MARGINWIDTH=5" SCROLLING="AUTO">
<FRAME NAME="inhalt" SRC="pages/index.html" MARGINHEIGHT="5" MARGINWIDTH="5" SCROLLING="AUTO">
</FRAMESET>

</FRAMESET>
<BODY>
<noframes>
Sorry, Du brauchst einen Framefaehigen Browser
</noframes>
</BODY>
</HTML>
Quote Reply
I was asking myself the same question?
But I don't understand the language of the
response message.

How can I do it. Just as I frame pages normally. Need a special code?

I just want to know if it is possible...

Thanks!
Leezet

Quote Reply
Yes, it's possible. I originally set mine up using frames. You may need to go into the category and link "builds" to set your targeted frame correctly.

However, be advised that many search engines no longer index framed sites, this negates one of the advantages of Links, static pages. The decision to get away from frames was one of the main reasons I developed the "frameless" IFRAME/LAYER/ILAYER method for headers, footers, and banners. It's a little hard to grasp the concept at first, but it works and gives you all the advantages of horizontal framesets. http://4geeks.com/...iframe-layer-reload/

[This message has been edited by bjordan (edited August 23, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks bjordan! I'll go with a frameless site.

Leezet