Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Fields in admin panel

Quote Reply
Fields in admin panel
Q: I have added a few fields in the links.def. Now all fields are displayed in the admin panel and it is very long now (I have 21 fields now and all are displayed). I just want certain fields not to be displayed (for instance new, pop, hits, dicription ...). When only the fields that I need are displayed I think the panel is much better to handle. What I have already tried is to remove fields from the links.def but this obviously leeds to many errors in the script.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Q2: I have installed the Tell ya friend mod and it works perfectly well except that when a field is not filled in it does not call the error page but gives me the following error:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Undefined subroutine &main::site_html_tell_error called at /usr/local/www/htdocs/auslandsamt/wohnungen/cgi-bin/tella2.cgi line 56.

Script Location : /usr/local/www/htdocs/auslandsamt/wohnungen/cgi-bin/tella2.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Line 56 from the tella2.cgi:

($in{'yemail'} =~ /.+@.+\..+/) or &site_html_tell_error ("The email address: '$in{'yemail'}' doesn't look like a real email
address.") and return;
($in{'yname'} =~ /[A-Za-z]+/) or &site_html_tell_error ("Please enter your name as well as your email address.")
and return;
($in{'tname'} =~ /[A-Za-z]+/) or &site_html_tell_error ("Please enter their name as well as your email address.")
and return;
($in{'temail'} =~ /.+@.+\..+/) or &site_html_tell_error ("The email address: '$in{'yemail'}' doesn't look like a real email
address.") and return;

What can I do about this?

Regards

Torsten Trebess

Quote Reply
Re: Fields in admin panel In reply to
Well, the admin pane is where you should do all your work and sooner or later you will need to edit most if not all of the fields in your database. IMHO... But if you are not using them, maybe you could delete them from the display but leave them in the database. Just make sure that you won't need to get to them...ever..unless you can undo your "delete."

I think you would start in the admin_html.pl since that is the form that displays the panel...then look for the sub routines. But it may not be something that you can control without modifying the perl code...

Gene

Quote Reply
Re: Fields in admin panel In reply to
Hello Gene,

I think you are right in what you are saying about using the admin panel. I will probably just keep all the fields. Thank you for your advise on that.

Regards

Torsten