Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Exciting New Mod

Quote Reply
Exciting New Mod
Result Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [ Next 20 Pages ] [ End ]

Result Pages: [ Home ] [ Prev 20 Pages ] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [ Next 20 Pages ] [ End ]

Get the idea? This mod will replace "Prev 10 Next 10" by the latter for better navigation. Like Alta Vista but better as it incorporates the [Home] and [End] options. Very intelligent script that will only display [Home], [Prev], [Next] and [End] if appropriate.

Very small snippet of code required to paste into the nph-build.cgi script and a very slight one line modification of the site_html.cgi script. Can be done in a minute or two.

I hope to have it ready by tomorrow so watch this forum topic for update tomorrow.

Dan Smile
Quote Reply
Re: Exciting New Mod In reply to
Very Cool Idea Dan.
Especially for those really large sites using Links.
Quote Reply
Hi Dan:

can you send-me this mod?

------------------
[]'s

Lucas Saud - #19815087

Quote Reply
Lucas, why would he email it to you? He said he was going to post it in the forums.
Quote Reply
Hi Bobsie:

I request this mod, because i need this on my search engine. Smile

PS: Can you help-me to install ubb 2.29 on my server? (hypermart server)..

------------------
[]'s

Lucas Saud - #19815087

Quote Reply
Hi all:

Sorry but there will be a delay in introducing the new mod. To incorporate it into the nph-build.cgi script is going to be a bit tricky and may require rewriting the build_category_pages subroutine.

Sorry to get your hopes up but I'll make this priority this week but no promises. My apologies as I should have fully tested the mod before making the original announcment.

BTW, I do run 4 commercial websites on my own and have other projects on the table so please bear with me. And PLEASE, no emails as I'll make update announcments here.

And PLEASE, no programming requests. Although I possess 'moderate' skills in perl-cgi, it is not my line (I write scripts generally to suit my purposes - like the Links mods). I will NOT consider requests for help writing, modifying, debugging or installing scripts (Links or otherwise).

Dan Smile
Quote Reply
Dan... If it s available soon, why not add it to the LINKS Modification in the Resources Lists that Alex Created at:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/[/ur]

------------------
WebKing
WebKing@trisoft.net
http://www.trisoft.net
My ICQ # 25356171
Quote Reply

Quote:
To incorporate it into the
nph-build.cgi script is going to be a bit tricky and may require rewriting the
build_category_pages subroutine.

The complexity of this routine, and by "beginner" cgi skills, is exactly why I can't figure out how to make the Editors Pick page span. I'm sort of hoping your mod will give me a clue..."hope" being the keyword here Wink
Quote Reply
Just a comment on this... This MOD is one of the best to be ever created when done!

------------------
Thanks,
ICQ 20415601
killa@i.am
Quote Reply
Did this ever get done?

Simon Dyson

Quote Reply
Uh...yea...Look in the Resource Center for Altavista span...BTW: The Resource Center is the first place to check for modifications...simply click on Resources in the top menu of the forum pages.

Regards,

Eliot Lee