Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Deleting link in Verification Queue without sending reject email?

Quote Reply
Deleting link in Verification Queue without sending reject email?
Hi there Smile

Once again it's me, stumped at another mod. I would like to add a third option to the validation routine: delete link without sending email to the submitter. I have edited admin_html.pl (down in the validation routine) as follows:
Code:
# Go through each modified hit and convert the array to hash and send to
# html_record for printing. Also add a checkbox with name=key and value=delete.
for ($i = 0; $i < ($#modhits+1) / ($#db_cols+1); $i++) {
last if (++$counter > 10);
%tmp = &array_to_hash ($i, @modhits);
print qq|
<table border=1><TR><TD colspan=2>|;
&html_record_form_mult (%tmp);
print qq|
</TD></TR>
<TR><TD VALIGN=TOP><INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="$tmp{$db_key}" VALUE="modify"> <$font><a href="$tmp{'URL'}" target="_blank">Modify</a></font></TD>
<TD VALIGN=TOP><INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="$tmp{$db_key}" VALUE="delete"> <$font>Delete. Email Reason:</font><br> <textarea name="reason-$tmp{$db_key}" rows=4 cols=40>$db_email_reject</textarea></TD>
</TR></TABLE>
to read:
Code:
# Go through each modified hit and convert the array to hash and send to
# html_record for printing. Also add a checkbox with name=key and value=delete.
for ($i = 0; $i < ($#modhits+1) / ($#db_cols+1); $i++) {
last if (++$counter > 10);
%tmp = &array_to_hash ($i, @modhits);
print qq|
<table border=1><TR><TD colspan=2>|;
&html_record_form_mult (%tmp);
print qq|
</TD></TR>
<TR><TD VALIGN=TOP><INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="$tmp{$db_key}" VALUE="modify"> <$font><a href="$tmp{'URL'}" target="_blank">Modify</a></font></TD>
<TD VALIGN=TOP><INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="$tmp{$db_key}" VALUE="delete"> <$font>Delete. Email Reason:</font><br> <textarea name="reason-$tmp{$db_key}" rows=4 cols=40>$db_email_reject</textarea></TD>
</TR></TABLE>

All while it does indeed delete the item, it still sends out the email. Any suggestions how I can go about this? And where is the rejection email send-routine declared?

Thanks for any help, especially you Bobsie!

------------------
Thanks!

Michael
genweb.net/~emmgee/pages/

[This message has been edited by MikeB (edited July 13, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Deleting link in Verification Queue without sending reject email? In reply to
As usual, I am solving my problems in a low-tech way ... what I do if I want to delete an entry without sending rejection email is just to make the email address illegal, for example by adding some special characters. Then Links tells me that it cannot send the email and deletes the entry.

Elementary, dear Watson :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Deleting link in Verification Queue without sending reject email? In reply to
Holmes, you never seize to amaze me!

Thanx a bunch gotze! Smile I had thought of that, but wnated to see if can I get something implemented as a mod...... less hassle in the long run. Untill then I'll use your elemental wit and change the email Smile)

------------------
Thanks!

Michael
http://genweb.net/~emmgee/pages/

Quote Reply
You both going about it the hard way...this is built in to links.

To stop the mail just erase the message from the delete text box. No mail errors, no message sent, no fuss!
Quote Reply
Hmm. Now why didn't I even attempt to test that?! *slap on head*

Thanx Brad Smile
Quote Reply
the best way to do it is leave del mail empty and the script would not send any e-mail