Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Bobsie a Jerk!

Quote Reply
Bobsie a Jerk!
I'm getting sick and tired of this Bobsie guy closing threads and warning participants on this bulletin board. Yo Bobsie, stop throwing your weight around here thinking you're some hotshot "policeman", ok? In reality you are just a GIMP (I've seen your lamer homepage) in front of a computer all day long with no life you low life! Nuff said!

Now you can delete or close this thread if you wish!!!

Heheheheheheheheheh

Latrell

[This message has been edited by Spree (edited June 13, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Bobsie a Jerk! In reply to
Bobsie gives a great deal of time and energy to helping people on this board. He's probably the best asset this board has got. Many of us would still be stuck in the mud without him.

When you can say you have contributed as much, then maybe we'll be interested in you opinion of Bobsie as an equal. Until then, you've really got no room to throw insults.

Please mind your manners and don't chase away a person who the rest of us would be lost without.

Phoenix
Quote Reply
bobsie is the nicest guy i ever met on the net. he very much helped everyone.
and he does not ask for anything in return.
bobsie is not a jerk, you are
Quote Reply
Spree,
The threads that Bobsie are closing have nutin to do with Links Modifications. If you want to discuss anyuthing except link modifications, use the other forums. Stuff like "What files do i have to CHMOD to get webadverts to work" is not even remotly related to link modifications. If you don't like it, leave. No one is forcing you to stay here. Bobsie, close the thread.

------------------
Sincerely,

Netoo! Support
Netoo! Internet Services Of America.
http://www.netoo.phiberoptix.com
Quote Reply
before this thread is closed, just my two
pennys worth, i moderate several mailinglists and bulletin-boards and know
how difficult a task this is, bobsie i consider an excellent moderator and such is rarely found on the web.even with the little
emoticons, conversing on the web is pretty
psychic sometimes and leads easily to mis-
understandings. but by no means does this
ever allow anyone to misbehave like this.
this conduct requires an apology at least.
love
klaus

------------------
Quote Reply
Spree (or Latrell),

I guess you didn't want to get all the email you knew your comments would generate. That is why you changed your email address for this forum to bobsie2@orphanage.com which, of course, does not exist. Instead, I receive all email that comes in to orphanage.com not destined for one of my customers. Are you aware that the deliberate changing of your email address to a false address may be a violation of the Federal Computer Fraud Act of 1986 which prohibits the deliberate falsifying of information on a computer? I strongly recommend you look that act up and read it before you get yourself into trouble.

As to being a policeman, if you will take a good look at the name of the moderator at the top of this forum, guess who's name you will see? That's right, mine. So, I am the policeman for this forum.

In regards to your statement, "... closing threads and warning participants ...", that is the job of the moderator. I have closed 2 threads since I have been the moderator. Considering the number of posts here, that is not a whole lot. Both the threads were closed because they did not belong in this forum and had nothing to do with its purpose. I don't remember ever "warning" anyone about anything. I have always tried to be as polite as I can and have "asked" people to "please" not do things. I could have deleted message text as well, but have never believed in censorshop nor have I ever run across a message so bad that the text needed deleting. If you have a problem with how I moderate, then please take it up with Alex since he is the one who asked me to be the moderator.

I do not know why you decided it was necessary to publically berate me. Perhaps it is because one of the closed threads belonged to you? Or perhaps you are one of the people I asked not to do something? Regardless, it tells me a lot about your character that you had to hide your identity. A real man or woman would have had the decency to own up to their own words, not hide from them.

You are probably right, though. I can be a jerk once in a while and have been more than once in these forums. When I have, I was man enough to admit it and publically apologize. Now, what word would we use to describe you and your actions? If you care to reply to me, you may do so by sending me email as, once this message is posted, the thread will be closed. Please do not post these types of messages in this forum again as they have nothing to do with the purpose of the forum. If you have no respect for me, then at least have respect for Alex Khron, the person who provides this forum where you are a guest.

To the others that replied,

Thank you for the nice words. I do not necessarily agree with them all or feel I deserve them, but I thank you nevertheless.

My apologies to everyone concerning this outburst.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited June 13, 1999).]