Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Banners For Certain Categorys

Quote Reply
Banners For Certain Categorys
Is their away to have certain banners to show up in certain categorys. Example Category Health

Banners Health related banners or buttons
Quote Reply
Re: Banners For Certain Categorys In reply to
How would I go about performing this. I don't know how to make the changes to scripts.

Undertainment Traffic Tracker
\=http://www.undertainment.com/webstats/index.htm
Quote Reply
Please check the resource center. Alex has just put up the link to the page. Make use of it.
Quote Reply
Where at in the resource center I can't find it any where?
Quote Reply
Please go thru the resource center thoroughly. You can find it in the FAQ section. "Using multiple templates" is the header.
Quote Reply
Yes you can, if you use templates. You can create different templates for different categories. Then load the ad viewer file to show banners just for that particular category.
Quote Reply
Instead of going throught the whole routine of creating multiple category template pages, why not just create an extra (header){or whatever you want to call it} file in links.def? I'm using the basic <%header%> tag to place different banners/images on certain pages (via the header input in the admin).

Maybe this is the easy way out, but it works great! Check it our in my (continually building) site
http://server4.hypermart.net/mr-k/links/pages/
Click on Collectibles-Advertising for my first entry. You'll see a related book for sale under FEATURE BOOKS.

If you follow the directions from the image mods, all you have to do, if you want multiple header files, if give them in name in links.def....include the directives in a couple other files...add the tag in category.html....copy your adverts or affiliate code into the header box in admin (MAKE SURE YOU INCREASE THE DATA ENTRY LENGTH IN LINKS.DEF).....and voila!!! You've got categorized banners & image links!

Should work with SSI tags as well as html & image tags. I personally haven't check the SSI function, yet. Let me know if doesn't work.

If you don't know what files to change, post a reply and I'll find them & post them here.

------------------