Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Any email hidden mode for link2.0

Quote Reply
Any email hidden mode for link2.0
Any one got the email hidden mode for link2.0 in looking for it in all forum but not found...I modify script to people directory and want them contact all together via email,but the email hidden can help people been spammed by mail .
Quote Reply
Re: Any email hidden mode for link2.0 In reply to
Hidden where? In your directory? Simply just not use the <%Contact Email%> tag in your link.html file. If this is not what you are seeking, be more specific, please.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
i think he meant using links like a match maker and he wants the e-mail to be hidden yet people can e-mail each other using a form
Quote Reply
Well, let's wait to hear exactly what he or she means.

Wink

To do this, would be quite easy to do.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Yes,the guy was correct I
meant using links like a match maker and he wants the e-mail to be hidden yet people can e-mail each other using a form.
Sorry for my english.
Quote Reply
And This is my db from megalink2.1 I want to upgrade it to link2.0 to do match maker but dont know how to
# List of columns in your database
@db_cols = ('ID','Title','URL','Date','Category','Description',
'Contact Name', 'Contact Email', 'Hits', 'isNew',
'isPopular', 'Votes', 'Rating', 'Promotion', 'Expire', 'Review', 'Revchoice','pass','Nickname','Icq','Sex','Birth','School','Organisation','Hobbies','Alt Email');
4429|NULL|NULL|25-Jan-2000|hongkong|xxxx|nai_G|nai_G@hotmail.com|0|Yes|No|0|0|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL|xxxxx|G|NULL|M|NULL|NULL|NULL|xxxxx|gino_v iva@yahoo.com

Quote Reply
Use the Recommend It Mod. Modify it so that the form is not sent to another person, but the owner of the record.

This mod is located in the Resource Center.

BTW: Why did you post a duplicate Thread in the DBMAN Discussion Forum??

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
how hard to Modify the recommend it mode so that the form is not sent to another person?
Quote Reply
If you know Perl...not hard at all. I actually re-wrote the "Recommend It" Mod that does not even use birdcast codes other then decoding variables. It is integrated with templates and also uses the same send_email routines found in other LINKS scripts. (It does also create more comprehensive log file.)

I have been tempted to release it...but I still need to clean up a few codes, and I do not want to compete with Bobsie's mod.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 29, 2000).]