Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Alphabetical Index Modification

Quote Reply
Alphabetical Index Modification
I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to install the alphabetical index mod offered at http://www.enscript.com/free/links2alpha.html. If I'm not wrong, there's a subroutine missing in the site_html_templates.pl, apart from that the mod seems to be interesting, although challenging to system resources when pages are built.

I am planning to implement the alphabetical links solution Eliot, Glenn and others have posted, by connecting Links with DBman. Hope that's as easy as described in the forum... Wink

Just wanted to draw attention to the above-mentioned mod. Any comments?

Quote Reply
Re: Alphabetical Index Modification In reply to
hola,

http://www.enscript.com/free/links2alpha-2.html

it's a simple mistake... you jump directly from step 1 to step 3... if you look in step 3 page, you can find the go previous link, which return the missing page...

namaste

Quote Reply
Yes, I noticed that after having figured out the subroutine myself. Mille grazie.

Quote Reply
That's a lot of work! You can do dynamic listings with only minor changes to a default installation of DBMAN.

--Drew
Quote Reply
That's what I am actually planning to do, Drew. I just have to get a clue about DBman first.

Quote Reply
I didn't read your whole post Shocked. BTW: I posted codes a few weeks ago in a Links/DBMan thread for generating the alphabet links automaticly if want to use them.

--Drew
Quote Reply
Thanks for finding that error, it should be fixed now. I didn't even realize people where using my mod since I hadn't really publicized it :-)

I had written this for a client a while back, before I realized you could hook up with DBMan. But, I do think it's somewhat useful if you want to have static pages with the alphabetical listings.

Ashley