Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Adding Templates and Top Rated

Quote Reply
Adding Templates and Top Rated
I've been using the Snap template and I have a few questions. (Sorry to ask so many...I hope others can also gain from this knowledge.)

1) How can I add templates to the templates design. That is, if I wanted to add a page which was an about my site page or a page that was dedicated to advertising (advert.html), is these easy to add so that when I click build, it will also build this page?

2. I've seen references to a top rated page, but I don't have that with this template (I do have the what's cool template, for some reason I don't think that is the same). How do I create a top rated page, or is there example of the code out there?

3) On my home.html page, it lists the amount of links next to the category. Such as:
Web Links(5)
How can I get rid of the (5), so it does not list the amount of links?

Thanks! SPH
Quote Reply
Re: Adding Templates and Top Rated In reply to
Can't answer your first question, since I don't know why you wouldn't just build a static HTML page(s). Top rated template page is rate_top.html, which I believe was included in the Snap template. The number of links per category is not controlled by templates (yet). You will have to edit the site_html_templates.pl file, and edit the following line in sub site_html_print_cat...

OLD: $output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> |;

NEW: $output .= qq|<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></strong> |;
Quote Reply
Re: Adding Templates and Top Rated In reply to
Greetings!

Taliking about the snap templates, when tries to rate a site using these templates it comes up firstly with unknown tag color1. Checking the templates it has from color1 to color5.

There are also some other tags, event_desc event_url, event, that LINKS does not appear to know.

------------------
New Zealand Christian Internet Directory