Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Password.cgi not working under certain registers..

Quote Reply
Password.cgi not working under certain registers..
Hi!

I added the password-protected modify mod some months ago and I've recently come to a problem:

If I test the password.cgi (which retrieves the password from the password field in Links and sends it to the email associated to the Link owner) with my email (which has a link into the database (the first I entered when i set up links), it works fine.

However a recent member joined the links database and he can't get the password, a 500 server error is reported.

For example, if he enters (let's say)
[space]johndoe@johndoe.com a "Can't locate email" error appears.

If you click on the submit button without typing anything, a "can't be blank" error appears.

But if he enters his email address (correctly), a 500 server error appears!

The first two tells me the script works fine (no ASCII/CHMOD issues), but why is it failing on the correct instance?? Why does it work for me?

Ideas?

Thanks!!

However,

Quote Reply
Re: Password.cgi not working under certain registers.. In reply to
Ok,

I've isolated the problem! Still need help though...

Of the 2,000 links my database has, only 3 are affected, and are the 3 whose email address is @webcamworld.com

Which means that ALL of the THREE members trying to recover the password using the SAME domain name used for the CGI are getting the 500 SERVER ERROR.

The rest of members are emailed fine!

Is there any explanation to this issue?

Can you help me tracking it down?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Password.cgi not working under certain registers.. In reply to

Advice requested, plz!

Quote Reply
Re: [webcamworld] Password.cgi not working under certain registers.. In reply to
Shall I start a new thread?

Thanks!