Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Show only title and description in the admin menu during validation

Quote Reply
Show only title and description in the admin menu during validation
I have a lot of spammers submitting links and hundreds of them but only a few of them are valuable. It has become a pain to go through validating links and when I try to validate them, since I have some additional fields added to the databse, the validation page gets too long. I want to speedup the validation process and would like to see only the title and the description for each link to be shown, so the page does not get too long and I can validate many links each time.

Any ideas how I can do this? Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Show only title and description in the admin menu during validation In reply to
Hi,

Are you on about GLinks or Links2? I know you have GLinks, so wanna make sure =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [socrates] Show only title and description in the admin menu during validation In reply to
I would start by using some security on your add page, like image verification (Captcha).

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Show only title and description in the admin menu during validation In reply to
Andy,

Yes, this one is for links2 (not sql version). Do you know how/if I can only show title/description in the admin area?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Show only title and description in the admin menu during validation In reply to
perlflunkie,

Captcha and other things have other problems. Basically, I have made it hard to fill the form so they have to enter a lot of informtion but spammers have a lot of time (I think they have 60 hours in a day and nothing to do - some in the old esatern block countries have 80 hours in thier day, and nothing to do). So, regardless of captha or anything else that we add to make it difficult to submit the form, they have all the time.

If I can validate them quickly, it will be the easier solution.

THanks