Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Unstable Links 2.0 ? please help .

Quote Reply
Unstable Links 2.0 ? please help .
Hello Boys and Girls,

My site using Links 2.0 is becoming really unstable . I have over 1800 links into my database and links.db has over 1.3 M now . I run a Software Directory so the database is larger because it contains descriptions of software & some other fields.

Some of the times adding a new link doesn`t write to validate.db and recently 600 links dissapeared from links.db for no reason.

If you encountered such problems please tell me what you`ve done to solve this because i really like Links 2 and i wish to use it for over 10.000 entries.

Thank you very much & happy holidays !
Quote Reply
Re: [smarty] Unstable Links 2.0 ? please help . In reply to
You really need to consider upgrading to LINKS SQL. With a flat database file larger than 1.0 MGs, you are asking for trouble.

And if you want to have 10,000 plus records, you _REALLY_ need to consider LINKS SQL.

Save yourself some headache and time.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Unstable Links 2.0 ? please help . In reply to
Well i considered Links 2.0 SQL and it`s the best in my opinion but unfortunately it`s too expensive for me right now .

Thank you for your post .
Quote Reply
Re: [smarty] Unstable Links 2.0 ? please help . In reply to
>>>My site using Links 2.0 is becoming really unstable . I have over 1800 links into my database and links.db has over 1.3 M now . I run a Software Directory so the database is larger because it contains descriptions of software & some other fields. <<<

Unfortunatly you will find similar problems in all flat file database systems :( As Eliot said, you're only real fix to the problem is to upgrade to LSQL :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!