Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

MySQL search add-on

Quote Reply
MySQL search add-on
I just wanted to let you all know that I've revived some old plans of mine to release an SQL search add-on. This will consist of three programs:

1) an import script
2) a standard search script (ALL or ANY boolean search)
3) a fulltext index search script

both search programs include an extended prev/next page span (similar to Altavista mod from several years ago)

some noteable features included in the fulltext index search are:

a) ability to sort by relevancy (see this for details on how relevancy is scored).

b) advanced search mode, similar to Google's. Input boxes for required words, words that shouldn't be in results, and a set words where one or more must match the record.

I need a donor database (preferably at least 1 to 2 thousand records) so I can set up a decent demo, if someone can help in that department that'd be really great. I expect to be nearly finished with this in a week.

other things that may follow, assuming interest, is a user management system (to be used with a modified add.cgi and modify.cgi), reviews, and a new favorite links program.

things I will NOT do: convert any administration of the site into using the SQL database. this includes rewriting nph-build.cgi for building pages, validating links, or creating a dynamic front-end. Although most of those things can be done without a lot of work, I feel it would be inappropriate and disrespectful to GT to release such a product. ie: if you want an all SQL system, please purchase a Links SQL license.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] MySQL search add-on In reply to
I have a database but it uses 33 fields and is set up for the priority logo, alt cats, and password mods to be installed. If you want it and the links.cfg send me an email.

Jake