Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Serious Expirator Mod Discussion

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian Conza] Serious Expirator Mod Discussion In reply to
hi. i haven't been around but i just did a little search for review.cgi in my folder and i found all my mods i made back in the day.

Expired Links v1.0 - allows you to set when a link expires. also has a cron-tab cgi to expire links automatically through crontab. original and only? expiration mod for links 2.0
Review.cgi v1.1 - reviews and ratings for each link. includes 2 kinds of graphs (not the dynamic image one, that was v2.0 sql). was the most popular review mod back then?
MyLinks v1.0 - lets users store favorite links. the original! w00t.
MyLinks v2.0 - same thing except links are grouped by category and displayed that way.

I don't know if I still have my category/search sort mod, but I'll look around for it.

(the bigger mods).

If anyone wants them installed, email email@jsu07.com. $30 per install via paypal/amazon.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [jerrysu] Serious Expirator Mod Discussion In reply to
Hmm Portalinks and Linktracker are free versions of mylinks :)

Also Glennu made a free review mod called "comments"

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 23, 2002, 1:21 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Serious Expirator Mod Discussion In reply to
well i replied to the expirator discussion. thought maybe it'd "emphasize" that mod more. don't know why, but people still request review.cgi. linktracker must be something new since i last came around, but even when portallinks was out, people requested mylinks.

oh yes. i found category/search sort mod. basically, it allows the output of your category or searches to be dynamically sorted by a field that your users specify in ascending or descending value. ie: sort by date modified, sort by title backwards, sort by number of hits, etc.
Quote Reply
Oh. I found my Admin Mod v2.0.

It allows you to have multiple admins with different levels of access. Like you can make an admin be able to add, but not be able to modify.

It also serves as a way to get around .htpasswd. It offers a secure method that works almost exactly like .htpasswd, but uses an encrypted cookie to temporarily store the username and password of the admin.

There is a lot of modding involved in admin.cgi so if you have another other mods in those files it's probably best to add the mods back after you get the new admin.cgi.
Quote Reply
...and will it stop people accessing all the other admin files?
Quote Reply
yep. all files/folders residing under ./admin are protected using .htaccess in unix and permissions in win2000

cgi files are protected using extra code that gets the cookie.

i thought you've seen this mod before.
Quote Reply
>>all files/folders residing under ./admin are protected using .htaccess in unix<<

I thought the point of the admin mod was to allow people who were unable to use .htaccess to protect their files?
Quote Reply
htpasswd.. some hosts don't allow it. all apache servers with cgi allow .htaccess..

even without .htaccess, you can put the files into a non-web folder.
Quote Reply
>>all apache servers with cgi allow .htaccess.. <<

No they don't Crazy

cgi and htaccess are seperate things.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 23, 2002, 5:11 AM
> >